1. How did you discover and get into kimono? 2. Your dearest kimono item(s).
3. Your most used kimono item(s), not including dressing items or undergarments.
4. Your least used kimono item(s). 5. Your favorite coordinations?
6. What you like and don’t like about kimono.
7. Kimono confessions…Did you know that…
8. Your dream kitsuke items.
9. Your biggest kimono fears.
10. Your biggest kimono inspiration?
11. Your kimono collection.
12. The evolution of your kitsuke.
13. Your special kimono memory.
One of the things I’ve always really, really liked about kimono is the wide variety of textiles that are used. I love the butter soft silk, nubbly Tsumugi, versatility of wool and so on. I love the richness of embroidery and the pain staking labor that goes into some of these pieces. I’m such a fabric junkie that I feel right at home surrounded by all that beautiful material. Heck, even vintage yukata with all that indigo are super yummy!
My least favorite thing about kimono would have to be ZORI! I suppose maybe that falls more under kitsuke but I’m gonna use it any way. As it stands I actually have pretty small feet ranging anywhere from 5 1/2-7 in women’s US sizes depending on the shoe. However my feet are very wide which makes wearing zori probably even more uncomfortable than intended. I just don’t have that slim, narrow foot that looks good in them. I’ll admit finding zori is one of my least favorite kimono shopping activities.