1. How did you discover and get into kimono? 2. Your dearest kimono item(s).
3. Your most used kimono item(s), not including dressing items or undergarments.
4. Your least used kimono item(s). 5. Your favorite coordination?
6. What you like and don’t like about kimono.
7. Kimono confessions…Did you know that…
8. Your dream kitsuke items.
9. Your biggest kimono fears.
10. Your biggest kimono inspiration?
11. Your kimono collection.
12. The evolution of your kitsuke.
13. Your special kimono memory.
So I’m feeling creative and wanting to work on a writing project today but I haven’t written in some time. I figured doing this little blurb on my blog may get my fingers in the mood so to speak.
My biggest kimono inspiration, well that is kind of hard to pin down. I guess in the beginning of this crazy obsession I think the Geisha style had a big influence on me. I was very caught up in the majestic beauty of those elaborate hikizuri. They kind of had the ‘magical unicorn’ effect on me and I wanted to be as elegant while wearing kimono.
As time progressed my tastes changed and I began to find some inspiration from the Kimono Hime style. The idea of pairing western style shoes with kimono was very appealing since I have such wide feet. I like how it can make the outfit elegant or funky. Plus some of the other little ‘hime’ extras like gloves and jewelry are fun as well.
Last I do have to give some credit to all the wonderful people over on the Immortal Geisha forum. Getting to see everyone’s different style and tastes develop over the years has been such an inspiration.