2. Your dearest kimono item(s).
3. Your most used kimono item(s), not including dressing items or undergarments.
4. Your least used kimono item(s).
5. Your favorite coordination?
6. What you like and don’t like about kimono.
7. Kimono confessions…Did you know that…
8. Your dream kitsuke items.
9. Your biggest kimono fears.
10. Your biggest kimono inspiration?
11. Your kimono collection.
12. The evolution of your kitsuke.
13. Your special kimono memory.
I’ve been putting off doing this entry for a while now since I wasn’t quite sure how I wanted to go about things. I’ve been interested in kimono specifically for around 6-7 years and a lot has changed since the beginning. I suppose I could say that my kimono evolution went from costume to very traditional to having a more modern flare. I really do love wearing western shoes with kimono now and find it perfectly acceptable in the right situation. I’ve also been thinking a lot about ways to incorporate different pieces with more modern clothing items to create a sort of hybrid/ meiji style. I’m really liking the idea of a ruffley blouse under a kimono at the moment.
Here are three pictures to describe my kitsuke evolution:
Costume kimono I made back in the day. At least I had the right idea by making a juban to go under it and I knew I needed to cross my collars left over right.
Sorry for the poor quality but this is the only full picture of this outfit I have. This was something I put together very early on and the kimono was the first one I bought. I borrowed a pair of zori to teach this panel so I would have some appropriate foot wear.
Not a super recent photo but I think it conveys more of my personal style right now. Higher hem line and western footwear plus not a floral motif to be seen! I’m leaning heavily towards more strips and geometric patterns now although I still don’t have many in my own collection.
I hope this gave an accurate description of my evolution in kitsuke over the past few years.